This award-winning company based in Puget Sound has been owned and managed by Laurie Usher since 1985. She develops, manages and evaluates citizen-based education programs about watersheds, environmental monitoring, and waste reduction and recycling; writes and coordinates grants; facilitates meetings and educational programs; and consults with government, private and non-profits about environmental stewardship programs.
- Bainbridge Island School District
- North Mason School District
- Educational Service Districts (ESD) 105 and 114
- National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Naval Undersea Museum Foundation
- Washington State Departments of Ecology (WDOE); Fish & Wildlife (WDFW); Solid Waste Management
Created Volunteer Watershed Monitoring Workshop series using WDOE protocols; Developed DISCOVER WETLANDS: Facilitator Training Model & Network, led eight teacher workshops, edited “Discover Wetlands” Activity Guide.
Project WET (Water Education for Teachers): Contributor, Facilitator-Trainer, water quality workshop in Costa Rico.
- Bainbridge Island Watershed Watch
- Connection to Trades & Technology
- Grant Writing: Bainbridge Island Watershed Management Plan; Public Involvement & Education
- State-wide Facilitator Training Development